The LDN HistaSure ELISA Fast Track has been validated and certified as a Performance Tested Method SM (#021402 ) by the AOAC Research Institute as an effective method for the quantitative determination of histamine in fresh/frozen yellowfin tuna, canned tuna-chunk light in water, fresh/frozen mahimahi, canned sardines in oil and fish meal.
The ease of use and wide-ranging application areas make this assay a versatile and reliable tool for laboratories engaged in food safety.
This assay is an important piece of any seafood processor’s control strategy in their HACCP program to address the hazard of scombrotoxin formation.
In summary, the design and protocol of this fast ELISA offer the following advantages:
- Results in less than 30 minutes
- Designed for quantitative determinations (6 controls) or semi-quantitative determinations (1 out of 7 cut-off controls).
- Run 42 samples in one run quantitatively, or as many as 47 samples in one run semi-quantitatively
- Quantitative determinations have a high dynamic range between 0 und 300 ppm
- For Semi-Quantitative Determinations: Choose from seven different cut-off points between 3 und 300 ppm
- Validated and certified by the AOAC Research Institute for many different fish species and matrices such as fresh/frozen yellowfin tuna, canned tuna-chunk light in water, fresh/frozen mahimahi, canned sardines in oil and fish meal.
- No expensive or complicated equipment required
- Long shelf-life greater than 12 Months
- On a regular basis the assay is successfully used in the external quality assessment schemes of FAPAS